This page contains the forms, procedures, and guidelines used by the Department of Romance Studies and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Please refer to this page for the most up-to-date forms and information.
Planning & Obtaining Funding
Payments for work or service are subject to many State & Federal laws which are constantly changing. Before agreeing to pay anyone for work, even if you have paid them in the past, you must double-check with the department manager to ensure that payment is possible. The department cannot guarantee payments if you have not discussed the arrangement with the manager prior to agreeing to pay the person.
Before you leave for your trip, or embark on your development project, use these forms to apply for funding:
- Departmental Faculty Development Application (application for Department Travel Funding or Development Funding)
- Travel Only – College of Arts and Sciences Travel Fund Request (must be signed and turned in to Logan)
Upon your return, submit the request for reimbursement (further down the page) within 7 days of returning, with all receipts, boarding passes, and other documentation. They may be submitted electronically (email@example.com) or in hard copy.
When inviting a guest speaker, or setting up an event, please read through “Bringing a Guest Speaker to Campus” below, and use this form to request money from the Sponsored Events committee:
First, you need to secure funding for your event by filling out the Sponsored Events Funding Request Form and submitting it to the committee chair.
Once you’ve been approved for funding by the Sponsored events committee, the following forms need to be completed by the speaker and returned to Logan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Guest speakers will need to fully complete and sign the following forms and return them to Logan (email@example.com) 3 weeks prior to the event start date.
- Foreign guest speakers will need to submit the Independent Contractor form above, as well as some additional documentation to receive an honorarium or reimbursements. There is additional processing time required for foreign speakers, so these documents must be turned in as far in advance as possible (preferably 4-5 weeks).
Airfare can be purchased for a speaker prior to their event. In order to do this, all documentation needs to be turned in at least 4 weeks before the event, due to administrative processing times and seat availability. Alternatively, the speaker is welcomed to purchase her/his own ticket and be reimbursed after the event.
Click the most appropriate category. You only need to fill out one travel form per trip.
Please use this form for expenses related to sponsored events, such as meals with guests. Receipts need to be turned into the accounting tech by email, attachment to the form, or in hard copy.
- Reimbursement can only be for meals/food items purchased within the current fiscal year (07/01/2015 – 06/30/2016).
- Both an itemized receipt and a proof of purchase (credit card) receipt are needed for reimbursement.
Please use this form for expenses related to personal research, such as membership dues, book/equipment purchases, etc.. Receipts need to be turned into the accounting tech by email, attachment to the form, or in hard copy.
- Reimbursement can only be for items purchased within the current fiscal year (07/01/2015 – 06/30/2016).
- Both an itemized receipt and the proof of purchase (credit card) receipt are needed for reimbursement.