Druscilla French Graduate Student Excellence Fund
The Druscilla French Graduate Student Excellence Fund offers a one-time award ($5,000) to a current graduate student, in any section. You are eligible if you are a “high-achieving graduate student (terminal masters or doctoral)” who
- have distinguished yourself as a student and as a teacher or mentor to undergraduate students in a classroom or research setting while at UNC;
- must have completed at least 3 semesters of graduate study at UNC; and will most likely complete degree requirements and graduate within the next 4 semesters;
- must be a full-time student at the time of nomination and plan to be a full-time student in AY 2020-21;
- should actually be actively involved in research and/or teaching, and will be active in one or both in AY 2020-21.
A complete application includes:
- Online application
- A brief (1-page) description of the student’s academic performance and progress toward degree completion, including stage of the dissertation;
- 1-page description of the student’s teaching and mentoring excellence;
- a brief (1 paragraph) description of the student’s likely future contribution to the discipline or chosen area of study;
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Nomination from a faculty member (2 pages maximum)
AMOUNT OF AWARD:
One-time award for $5,000.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 1, 2020 (Must have a timestamp of 04:45 PM or earlier)
All materials should be submitted electronically, you may apply here.