Daniela Cunico Dal Pra
Romance Studies Alumni
Ph.D. in Italian (2017)
While at UNC, Daniela was advised by Professor Federico Luisetti
- PhD in Romance Languages, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill,
Research: Italian literature, Italian film criticism. Dissertation: “At the Crossroads of Identity: The Migration Cinema of the Triveneto”
- Master’s Degree in Teaching Italian and Latin Language and Literature, Università di Venezia Ca’ Foscari, Venice, Italy
- Master’s Degree in Western Art History. Università degli Studi di Venezia Ca’ Foscari, Venice, Italy: Laurea in Lettere e Filosofia
MA Thesis: La Fraglia degli orafi di Vicenza, dal XIV al XIX secolo (The Guild of the Master Goldsmiths in Vicenza, from the Fourteenth to the Nineteenth Century). Thesis Director: Lionello Puppi.
- Research and teaching on: Italian cinema, culture and literature; European history and western art history; Italian Language.
- Teaching interests: History of Italian Mafia through cinema; Migrations across the Mediterranean Sea through cinema; Italian Culture and Business; Translation.
- Research interests: Medieval and Renaissance manuscripts; research on methodology of teaching language.
- Cunico, Daniela. Un nuovo documento per Palazzo Civena e Palladio: La Stima del 25 novembre 1553, pp. 118-121, in “Venezia Arti”, Vol.12, Venezia: Viella, Università di Venezia-Ca’ Foscari Editrice, 1998
- Cunico, Daniela. La Fraglia degli Orefici e la Matricula Vetus, in “Studi Storici Luigi Simeoni”, Vol. XLVI, pp. 159-173. Verona: Istituto per gli studi veronesi–Università di Verona Editrice, 1996
- Cunico, Daniela. Argento a tavola, in “La tavola, ovvero il teatro delle gustose faccende”, pp.54-63. Vicenza: Tipografia Rumor, 1995
- Cunico, Daniela. Fratalia Aurificum Civitatis Vincentiae: La Matricula Vetus, in “L’Oro di Vicenza”, pp.11-17. Montecchio Maggiore: Gilberto Padoan Editore, 1995
- American Association Italian Teachers (AATI): First National Award for Dissertations on Italian Topics ($400). November 2017
- International Women’s Day: Certificate of Recognition. March 2017
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences: Excellence in Teaching Award Nominee Full-Time Lecturer. March 2014
- International Women’s Day: Certificate of Recognition. March 2014
- First National Prize for MA Thesis on History of Jewelry promoted by the Italian National Industrial Association. MA Thesis: La Fraglia degli orafi di Vicenza, dal XIV al XIX secolo (The Art of Master Goldsmith in Vicenza from the 1300s to the 1800s). December 1994