Teaching Associate Professor of Spanish
Director of Spanish Language Instruction
email@example.com | Dey 220
At UNC since 2005
Ed.D. UNC-Chapel Hill, 2005
M.A.E Truman State University, 1996
B.A. Truman State University, 1994
ROMS Liaison to ARS and the Writing and Learning Center
Anastacia Kohl currently serves as the Director of Spanish Language Instruction (beginning January 2020). From 2006 through 2019, she served as the Faculty Coordinator for SPAN 203 (Intermediate Spanish I), which is the largest course in the Department (between 40 and 50 sections every semester). Recently, she authored and began teaching a SPAN 101 course for the Correctional Education Outreach Program at the Friday Center. She enjoys teaching Novice and Intermediate Level students, as well as supervising Graduate Teaching Fellows. Her research interests include teaching literature in the lower-level language classroom, course coordination and supervision, professional development needs of language teachers, and effective practices in on-line language teaching. Dr. Kohl also serves as a Faculty Adviser to Psalm 100, a Christian acappella group on campus (since 2013), and to LingoKids, a student organization that promotes world languages in the local public schools (since 2015).
- Carrasco, C., Kohl, A.G., Shade, A.I. (2016). “Literatura” sections for Anda: Curso Intermedio, 3E (LeLoup, Cowell, Heining-Boynton) Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall.
- Kohl, A.G. (2012). Testing Program for Anda: Curso Elemental, 2E (Heining-Boynton, Cowell) Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall.
- Kohl, A.G. (2012). Testing Program for Anda: Curso Intermedio, 2E (Heining-Boynton, LeLoup, Cowell) Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall.
- Kohl, A.G., Robinson, S., & Cortéz de Anderson, D.C. (2009). Student Activities Manual for ¡Anda! Curso intermedio (Heining-Boynton, LeLoup, Cowell). Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall (345 pages).
- SPAN 204 Intermediate Spanish II
- SPAN 203 Intermediate Spanish I
- SPAN 100 Elementary Spanish Review (on-line)
- SPAN 102 Elementary Spanish II (hybrid)
- SPAN 101 Elementary Spanish I Self-Paced Correspondence (Correctional Education)
Awards & Honors
- 2006 GEAB Recognition Award for Research with an Impact on the State of North Carolina, UNC-Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC