Patricia Fuentes Lima
Teaching Assistant Professor of Portuguese
firstname.lastname@example.org | Dey 234
MA/Ph.D: UNC – Chapel Hill & UFRJ, Romance Languages & Literatures, Brazil, Rio de Janeiro, 2014.
B.A: Portuguese – English, PUC-RIO*, Brazil, Rio de Janeiro, 1999.
* Includes study at Institutionen for Kultur, Estetik och Medier,Scandinavian Cultural and Social Studies in Humanities, University of Gothenburg. Gothenburg, Sweden (1996-1997)
Kenan-Flagler Business School
Patricia H. Fuentes Lima is a strong supporter for experiential learning and study overseas. Dr. Fuentes Lima served the Portuguese Program –both as a coordinator and as advisor for 6 years. She taught hundreds of Carolina students to develop international and interpersonal communication skills.
Patricia is originally from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, a city worldly known for its deep social economical contrasts and challenges. In her emerging adult years, she lived in Sweden, taught business professionals in São Paulo, and learned more about South American complex biomes such as the Brazilian coastal forests, and the unique midlands. She loves traveling and has visited Bolivia, Portugal, Spain, England, Greece, Norway, Denmark and Mexico.
During the last ten years, she has made it a point to travel once a year to Brazil for periods of 1-2 months. While in Brazil she immerses herself in its multilayered national reality, cooperates with her local communities, shares the Tar Heel spirit and invites students from various American universities to enjoy and participate in the proud Brazilian cultural heritage of resilience, creativity and grit.
- Chapadão: o poeta, o poema e os sentidos de casa”. Maestro Soberano: ensaios sobre Antonio Carlos Jobim/Luca Bachini(organizador). Belo Horizonte: Editora UFMG, 2017.(pp.)235-259.
- “Mil tons de vida: a cor e o som do cinema de língua portuguesa”. Verbo de Minas, v.18, n. 31. REVISTA VERBO DE MINAS, Programa de Mestrado em Letras do Centro de Ensino Superior de Juiz de Fora, jan/jul. (2017).
- “Dreams never fade in”. Carolina Performing Arts. The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC. November 22, 2014
- ““Gêneros Literários na Contemporaneidade: o conto, a crônica e a prosa poética I”. SOBRAMES – Sociedade Brasileira de Médicos Escritores. Oficina de Estilos Literários e Extra-Literários. “Brazil, Rio de Janeiro, May 24, 2014.
- “O Arquivo –Museu de Literatura Brasileira da Fundação Casa de Rui Barbosa”. 23ª Conferência do ICOM RIO 2013, Memory + Creativity= Social Change,” ICLM—International Committee for Literary Museums, parte do ICOM—International Council of Museum, at Fundação Casa de Rui Barbosa, Brazil, Rio de Janeiro, August 15, 2013.
- “O ensino de língua estrangeira: uma tecnologia para a humanidade”. IV Semana de Letras da UFRRJ/IM – linguagem, tecnologia e cultura,Universidade Federal Rural do Rio de Janeiro. Rio de Janeiro, July 15-19, 2013.
Awards & Honors
- Member of Scientific Committee for Literary Archives: Memory, Preservation and Knowledge. Graduate Program of Portuguese Language and Literatures. Literatura Brasileira. Centro de Ensino Superior de Juiz de Fora. CES/JF-SMC. Juiz de Fora, MG, Brazil, July 28, 2016-2018.
- Member of Scientific Committee of the V Encontro Mundial sobre o Ensino de Português (V World Conference of Teaching of Portuguese). With Dr. Luís Gonçalves. The University of California at Berkeley. Berkeley, California, August 19-20, 2016.
- Honorary member of Fraternitatis Honorificae Lusitaniensis et Brasiliensis, Phi Lambda Beta Alpha Zeta Chapter. University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, Spring 2016.