Sigma Delta Pi Membership Application
Application for Membership
If you are interested in becoming a member of Sigma Delta Pi, the Spanish National Honorary Society, and you meet the requirements below, you are invited to complete this application in its entirety submit it no later than noon, Monday, February 27, 2020 to be considered for membership.
We will contact you by e-mail by March 3 to inform you of the status of your application. New member fees are $40, and will be due after acceptance notification. This semester our initiation ceremony will take place on Wednesday, April 15 at 5:30p.m. NOTE: If you cannot make it to the ceremony, you cannot be inducted as an official member of Sigma Delta Pi.
- You must have completed 3 semesters of college-level course work (be in the middle of Sophomore year or later).
- You must have completed 3 years of study of college-level Spanish (18 semester hours, or the equivalent thereof – includes exempted courses through placement).
- You must have completed (with a grade of A or B) Spanish 261 or 267.
- You must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.2.
- You must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in your Spanish courses.
- Please attach an “internal transcript” (available for free through Connect Carolina – My Academics – View my internal transcript).
Deadline has past.